Posted to uk.d-i-y
sponix

Default central heating and system choice (yet again) (long)

On Sat, 18 Feb 2006 14:27:51 +0000, David WE Roberts
wrote:

I have a fairly large 1950s 3 bedroom semi - the lounge is roughly 21 feet
by 11 foot 6, with another 9 feet of extension on the end.

I currently have an electric shower, but am used to a power shower; I
would like more flow rate than an electric shower if possible.
Currently planning on only one bathroom, and showers are the norm; we very
rarely fill the bath.

Minimum stay here one year plus; possibility of renting afterwards but may
sell.

I'd get a cheap Combi fitted. (B&Q were recently selling combis for
£299 upwards.)

The logic behind this is that it'd probably be the cheapest option
overall and will allow you to recoup cuboard space.

The fact it's a new boiler will almost cerrtainly help the sale of the
house rather than detract from it because it's cheap.

You'll only be living with the thing for a few years so quality and
longevity isn't a hugely important factor.

sponix