Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Fray Bentos

Default Bosch washing machine - no spin

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a UK Bosch front loading WFK2801 washing machine. It's around 8
years old.

I've had a few minor issues over the years - limescale and blown heater
elements, but it's basically worked fine.

It's been working fine until yesterday when I noticed a slight rasping
in (sparking? rubbing?) noise whilst spinning, but I ignored it. Wash
finished fine.

Today I put some clothes on for a rinse, and whilst the cycle completed
fine, the clothes were sodden. Further investigation showed the drum
would not rotate.

I dismantled the machine hoping to find a broken drive belt, but no..
- drive belt intact
- no water leaks (shorting)
- no burning evidence

I de-scaled various tubes etc I've done before that relate to
pumping/emptying & pressure sensing, which made no difference.

When the machines tries to spin, I can hear a relay clicking where I
would expect the drum to rotate. No error codes are shown (which has
happened before when the drum water/pressure sensor got blocked)

I removed the motor (easy, just 2 bolts + cables). Marked up as
- FHP motors
007 112 G 63 083480
0799 083971 600 N4 2422
230/240V 50Hz Isok1.B/F
Ac - Elektronik
FRW-Nr 304 7809 AA0

No idea what those numbers mean (apart from obvious)

Electrically there's a flat 7 pin connector. Top to bottom :
yellow, yellow, - go to shaft at end of motor - measure speed?
blue ? near brushes
, gray - motor brushes
, black ? near brushes
, brown ? near brushes?
,greeny yellow? disappear near brushes

What would you recommend to TEST the motor is at fault or not?
Any ideas for other likely causes?
Likely replacement/rufurbishment cost?

new brushes are needed if it is anything like my hotpoint.

that wouldn't spin, but washed normally.

couple of quid for mine