Posted to uk.d-i-y
David WE Roberts

Default central heating and system choice (yet again) (long)

On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 12:53:28 +0000, David Hansen wrote:

On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 11:38:07 -0000 someone who may be "Doctor
Drivel" wrote this:-

If gaining space is the aim then put the combi or water store. when
convenient and install a DHW secondary circulation loop.

Provided one is prepared to put up with the standing losses over a
decade or two. When these are pointed out some decide that saving a
bit more space isn't as great a priority as they thought it was.

In my particular case, putting the boiler in the loft should place it
closer to the bathroom and as close to the kitchen as the current hot
water cylinder.

I don't think I need a loop - the runs aren't that long.

Cheers

Dave R