Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

Default Does not heating home damage home?

On 18 Feb 2006 20:25:09 -0800, "marson" wrote:

I worked at a remote mountain resort where several guest buildings were
left unheated during the winter. There were no mold problems that I
knew of, but there were sheetrock nail pops and cracks that I believe
were due to contraction of the drywall from the cold (especially in the
long hallways). The cold also ruined the seams of the vinyl in the
bathrooms--they couldn't handle the shrinkage. Mind you there were no
people in these buildings, thus no added moisture.

And in the mountanins it would have been colder than the numbers he
gave, right?

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.