Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen

Default central heating and system choice (yet again) (long)

On Sat, 18 Feb 2006 14:27:51 +0000 someone who may be David WE
Roberts wrote this:-

As an added complication; I have a downstairs toilet at the back of the
main garage, and I keep thinking that this could be extended to make a
downstairs shower room if I can only work out the logistics.

Depending on where this is situated in relation to the rest of the
house it may well not be sensible to take hot water from the house.
If this is the case a better solution is local instant heating,
either electric or gas.

The main source of hot water is best situated near the tap that is
used the most, usually the kitchen one. If the other rooms that have
hot water are clustered tightly around this, horizontally or
vertically, then that minimises losses.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh