Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Replacement Windows

I bought lifetime guaranteed windows, for as long as I own my home. The
installer Swingline Windows of Pittsburgh Pa stressed to always call
them, never reynolds the window manufacturer.

well reynolds went out of business

My lifetime warranty became 10 year full warranty, then 10 years pro
rata declining 10% a year

At 10 years I needed a couple fogged windows replaced

Swingline ignored my repeated calls for 6 months.

My BIG problem was these windows were to the front of house and I have
4 dogs. So it was a security issue. Had to board up windows, took units
to pittsburgh window and door. less than a 100 bucks fixed the problem.
hassle was boarding up windows.

swingline isnt going to like me at the coming home show, I will
embarass them when their booth is nice and busy. might even set up a
website dedicated to their poor custonmer service.

i wouldnt of minded paying for the glass or a service charge, again
dogs were problem, couldnt leave them locked in basement all day.

lifetime warranties are smoke and mirrors.

i would of replaced the glass myself but the screws were rusted in
place, window company didnt break anything