Posted to alt.home.repair
Steven L Umbach

Default GAS HOT WATER HEATERS

Call them and ask. I suggest that you get one with a 9 year warranty which
is the middle of the line and also is usually more efficient than the
cheaper 6 year warranty heaters unless you are going to be moving in the
next couple years. I believe Lowes/HD charge around $289 - $329 to install
plus the price of the tank that can be anywhere from the mid $200 range and
up depending on the capacity and quality/warranty. Some towns also will
charge a building inspection fee to have a hot water heater replaced.
Whoever you get make sure they will do all the work including delivering the
new heater and hauling away the old one which I believe both HD and Lowes
do. Most likely you are looking at least around $600 installed. --- Steve

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...List&N=1000096 --- Lowes
water heaters
http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...vFiles/no.html
--- Lowes installation.

wrote in message
ups.com...
Thanks so much. We pretty much expected this answer anyway but was just
hoping!! Any suggestions on the cheapest stores (Lowes, Sears, etc.)