Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ken Weitzel

Default CD Player Question

Seafarer wrote:

One of my favourite CD's[Gerry Rafferty] was scratched.I burned it on
to my computer and the new disc worked well playing on the computer
through Windows Media File player.
Loaded it on to my workshop CD player and it would not play,same
happened with another CD player kept as spare,no go, showing error.
Took it home loaded it in my DVD player and it worked perfectly.
The writable disc is a CD-RW80 High speed 4-12x.
got to be a reason but I'm not clued up on CD recorders.Cheers

Hi Seafarer...

A cd that will play on your computer but not on your domestic
entertainment machines could be caused a couple of ways...

You must record it "track at once"; not disk at once.

And it absolutely must be recorded with the "finalize disk"
option selected. (not finalize session which is a whole
different thing)

Take care.

Ken