Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Barta

Default using tools on mobile bases

wrote:

I compromised on my table saw. I have wheels on one side and big
rubber pad feet on the other. It is very stable when sitting down
and I can raise one end to move it around, wheelbarrow style.

That's exactly the setup I use. It's a smaller tablesaw that was made
to sit on a stand, only I made a stand for it out of 2x4 with 2 wheels
on one side. I move it aound like a wheelbarrow and it's plenty stable
when in use. (I suppose the added weight of the chunky stand
contributes to the stability.)

Couple lessons I learned though... don't use swivel casters for such a
setup and point the wheels perpendicular to the line of cut.

Joe Barta