Posted to rec.woodworking
MJN

Default General International Contractor Table Saw Issue

I'm currently waiting on a dial indicator to check alignment. I
performed a rough alignment using a square and out of the box it was at
least 1/32 out of parallel with the Miter slot. I've read about your
problem in other discussion groups and did a quick check on mine. Just
using the square and my eyeball, I can see the blade move over as it
lowers. Not sure how much it goes out of parallel as it
lowers....waiting on a dial indicator. For some reason, nobody
carries them in my area. I've ordered one. I'm getting the
impression that G.I. is not at all responsive to customer issues....and
it's to their own detriment. No response to my emails.

Discussion groups are starting to fill up with stories of Manufacturer
defects on their saws that should be easily traced back to poor quality
control in Tawain. Not sure what their strategy is, but I wish them
good luck grabbing a market share in the states. They are going to
need it.