Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
ATP*

Default $18,367 manual hydraulic pump???

"Ignoramus14487" wrote in message
I am talking about items pictured he

http://cgi.govliquidation.com/auction/view?id=783171

Each of these pumps cost the military $18,367 (click on the link
4320007560600).

Surely, they can develop 20,000 PSI and seem sturdily made, but still,
I wonder. I saw manual pumps at Grainger that developed 10,000 PSI and
cost only $960 or so. Why would these ones be 20 times more expensive?

Are they made of some very expensive materials? Or do they require
some unusual precision?

(yes, I am the winner of this auction, but have not yet picked them
up).

You paid over $400 per lot? Are they that marketable?