Posted to uk.d-i-y
Michael Pacey

Default Gas boiler problem - excessive heat, soot and yellow flame

On Sat, 18 Feb 2006 20:54:29 GMT
"." [email protected] wrote:
snip
Kevin,

I'm posting now as I've already turned the boiler off!

Your post made me realise something, I covered up a vent in the
kitchen during a particularly cold spell a few weeks ago. I bet
that's what's caused this! Do you think I'm right?

it may be a contributing factor but it's impossible to diagnose from
the other end of the internet. as pointed out before, your boiler is
a conventional flue. if it was balanced flue or fanned flue you
probably wouldn't have any major problems if you simply serviced it.
as it is, you ought to call a gas engineer in 1st thing monday
morning to ensure you're not living in a death trap.

Exactly what I'm going to do!

Thank you and everyone else for your advice!

--
Michael