Posted to uk.d-i-y
d.

Default Gas boiler problem - excessive heat, soot and yellow flame

Michael Pacey wrote:
Hi,

I have a problem with my ancient Ideal Concord W gas boiler (says WCF
on the front). I'm pretty sure it is of the combi-boiler type.

It was working fine until recently I noticed the boiler itself is
giving off excessive heat - it is scalding to the touch. Then I noticed
that the wall above the boiler is quite sooty - not sure if this is new
or not, but I didn't notice it before. The flame seems to be burning
yellow, where I would expect clean blue, and it is lapping up in front
of the internal guard between the heat exchange and the boiler cover.
I think this is what is causing the heat coming off the boiler.

Is this something I can adjust myself or will I need to call in an
engineer? The bad news is I don't have the service manual for the
boiler, it came with my flat.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

--
Michael

Michael,

You have a choice of two courses of action 1, Turn off rthe boiler
NOW ........... is it turned off yet? and call in a corgi engineer to
service the boiler

As it is a CF model the chances are that you are already suffering
from the effects of CO,. If any one dies from your faulty boiler you
will be charged with Manslaughter,

HAVE YOU TURNED IT OFF YET.

second option to keep things simple call an undertaker now, IF
IT IS NOT SWITCHED OFF you will not be around tomorrow to organise the
undertaker.

THIS BOILER IS BEYOND ADJUSTMENT BY THE USER IT IS A DEATH TRAP.

I SAID TURN IT OFF NOW.

David.