Posted to uk.d-i-y
Michael Pacey

Default Gas boiler problem - excessive heat, soot and yellow flame

On Sat, 18 Feb 2006 20:07:41 +0000
Andy Hall wrote:

There is something seriously wrong with this boiler.

Yellow flames like this suggest ventilation and/or flue problems and
carbon monoxide is being produced.

These need to be checked as well as heat exchanger pathways and a
proper CO test done as well.

Until that can be done, the appliance should be switched off to
prevent you killing yourself with CO poisoning

Oops! It's been burning yellow for a few weeks now. I only noticed the
soot a couple of days ago.

I've turned it off as you and Mr Gabriel have advised. I'll get someone
in to look at it next week. Shame cos I only just fixed the radiator in
my bedroom. Better look out my woolly jumpers!

Thanks!

--
Michael