Posted to alt.home.repair
dnoyeB

Default electrical question: can anyone explain this?

jlatenight wrote:
My wife SWEARS that her hair dryer gets hotter when she uses it at
other people's houses. I seem to think that our George Forman grill
doesn't get as hot as I've seen in others' houses. Is this a
perception thing, or is there something with the power in our house
that would cause appliaces with heating elements to not get as hot as
other places? Is it something with the ol' W = V x A equasion? Could
there not be enough Amps to create enough Wattage to properly power
these types of devices that require a lot of Wattage?? Help!! Thanks
so much to all who respond!!

Highly doubtful. Perhaps you don't have a humidifier in your home? Or
moreover, the air conditions are different between the homes creating a
perception of performance.

My GF grill has a light and a dial on it. Thus its temperature is
monitored/adjustable to some degree. So its not 100% pegged to line
voltage.

--
Thank you,