Posted to alt.home.repair

Default H/D TV

wrote:
Obviously you are unable to provide even a single reference to back up
your claims that:

1 - HD in the US can be defined as resolutions other than 1080i or 720P

2 - There are many markets where there is a lack of HD programming
because the digital transmission is being used for more SD programming.

I asked these questions here. There are references all over this site
to HD lite. Others there have talked about the pay services rather than
full HD feeds.

local broadcasters are hurting, before cable you had 4 or 5 channels to
choose from, they owned your eyeballs

now you have hundreds, and net local ratings are way down. Add DVR
technology like TIVO, even fewer watching commercials that pay the
bills for local channels and the big 4 networks.

Stations are looking for NEW revenue streams. They might supply hoigh
def feeds for primetime while using all other times for pay programming
of some sort.

Stations MIGHT do this, they MIGHT do that. I MIGHT be the king of
Siam, but I'm not! You claimed there WAS a lack of HD programming in
many areas because broadcasters WERE using digital to transmit SD
content instead. Yet, you are unable to provide a single reference or
link showing that this is actually occurring anywhere. The fact is,
wherever digital is available, there is lots of HD programming, like
most of prime time, sports, etc available in HD and it's pretty
consistent.

satelliteguys is a wonderful site you can learn a lot there. start by
searching HD lite

I's not up to me to do web searchs to prove your silly assertions.
Just to show that I'm willing to go the extra mile, I did look at the
HD lite thread at satelliteguys. And what is the discussion about?
DISH satellite! Since when did DISH become a local broadcaster? Do
you even understand the difference? LOL