Posted to alt.home.repair

Default H/D TV

wrote:
there are a wide variety of HD bandwidths, trimmed for lack of a better
term to fit the $ and bandwidth available

Really, I'd like to see a reference please. Show us any credible
reference that has HDTV defined as anything other than 10080i or 720P.
It's becoming more and more obvious that you really don't know what
you're talking about here. BTW, we're still waiting for a reference
that shows one of the "many" markets where digital TV is available, but

the bandwith is being used to deliver more std channels, resulting in a

lack of HD programming. Of course that reference isn't forthcoming
either, because everywhere digital broadcasting is available, similar
HD content, eg prime time shows, sports, etc is also available.

I will get some citys that lack high def, and beyond that there are
really few high def sets out there, percentage wise to analog ones

Yes, percentage wise there sure are more analog sets than HD ones. But

guess what? The percentage of sets with a tuner capable of receiving
digital, whether HD or SD, is even less. So, there goes your big
argument that many broadcasters are using digital to send more SD,
rather than HD. What do you think the folks that just bought a $2000
digital TV want to watch on it? HD or more SD crap?

Apparently you havent hear of HD lite or pay services using the extra
digital channels Broadcasters are ONLY interested in making money