Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Default Water heater 'forgets' to heat

RichK wrote:
"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message:

My first thought was the thermostat or a lot of sediment (NG heates
from the bottom right?)

More like from the middle I believe.

Are you guys serious?

The burner is at the very bottom - you can see the flames. So it
heats from the very bottom.

That is where the fire is, but the heat moves up the center of the water
heater through the vent and the heat is transferred to the water through the
walls of the vent all the way up. It is not just at the bottom. I would
agree that there may be more heat transferred at the bottom, but a
significant amount of heat is also transferred all along the vent. There
are even baffles in the vent to slow the flow to allow more heat transfer.

Rich

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit