Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dave Plowman (News)

Default CD Player Question

In article ,
Seafarer wrote:
One of my favourite CD's[Gerry Rafferty] was scratched.I burned it on
to my computer and the new disc worked well playing on the computer
through Windows Media File player.
Loaded it on to my workshop CD player and it would not play,same
happened with another CD player kept as spare,no go, showing error.
Took it home loaded it in my DVD player and it worked perfectly.
The writable disc is a CD-RW80 High speed 4-12x.
got to be a reason but I'm not clued up on CD recorders.

Some CD players from just before the days of recordable CDs won't play
them. Funnily, the earliest CD players often will. The reflective coating
is different on a home burn CD to a commercial one.

--
*There are 3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.