Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tom Miller

Default quick treatment for burns was Guess the cause of the accident?

"pyotr filipivich" wrote in
message
Okay, so I'm late and catching up, but Gunner

wrote on Sat, 18 Feb 2006 11:20:17 GMT in
rec.crafts.metalworking :
On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 13:09:21 -0500, clare at
snyder.on.ca wrote:

Personally, I'll strap up a cut, no problem -
but burns I have a lot
of respect for. They can turn nasty pretty
quick.ANd crush injuries?
to the doc RIGHT AWAY. Insurance or no
insurance.

A burn like that..immediately soak your hand in
a glass/bowl of
icewater. ASAP!!!

Keep it soaking for as long as you can stand it

I've seen the "instant ice" packs, pop the inner
bag, shake well, apply
to injury and good googly moogly is that cold.
(I field tested this after
I hit my thumb stamping a fixture. Despite a
solid hit, no bruising. And
I need to replace that pack.)

So, would something like that be effective if
you've no ice handy?
(Well, yes, as some cold beats no cold.:-) )

It is interesting the number of tool boxes on
the floor with at least a
box of bandages in them. Mine are in the top
compartment. Tend to "be in
the way" but, but I know where they are.

I've got a spray can of "instant bandaid" on a
shelf over my workbench. I hate it when the usual
minor scrapes and scratches drip blood onto your
work. A quick spray of this stuff stops it and
seals it off from dirt It stays on for a few days,
then just sort of disappears as you wash your
hands.

Useful stuff.

Tom