Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction
Mary Fisher

Default Condensation on double glazing

"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
explained :
I had some double glazing fitted last year, it was fitted by a FENSA
registered company, but was the cheapest quote we found - approx £4000
for 6 leaded windows and a patio door.

We are happy with the windows etc, but in winter sometimes get
condensation on the windows. This only happens on mornings where it is
particually cold and wet out, it burns off by midday, and is worse in
rooms where people have been sleeping.

Cavity wall insulation will also help prevent in a small way - moisture
being absorbed by the walls to be released later in the day.

On the contrary - we found that we had MORE condensation on dg windows after
our cavities were insulated - donkey's years ago. The walls were then warmer
than the glass so the condensation appeared on the glass.

It proved that the cavity insulation was working!

Mary

--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)