pyotr filipivich

Default Cllean that barrel out with murcury? was Brass drill bit (for lead)

And lo, it came about, that on Mon, 29 Sep 2003 17:41:55 GMT in
rec.crafts.metalworking , Gunner was inspired to utter:

I shoot a lot of corrosive primed ammo, and its no big deal, but you
do have to clean the stuff out before putting it away. If you can find
some of the old white, milky looking GI bore cleaner, (very poisonous
btw), its good for swabbing the bore out after shooting. It
neutralizes the primer residue.

I have heard that ammonia will do a good job of this. I do know the
patches come out a copper green the first few swabbings.

Here is a link you may enjoy:
http://pub113.ezboard.com/bparallaxs...firearmsforums

There is a very active Turkish Mauser forum down the page

Will check it out. Thanks.

Enjoy, they are fun to shoot.

That they are. Once I remembered to put the sights back where they
belonged. Could't hit the target at 50 yards, I was hitting so low! Arrg!

Gunner

--
pyotr filipivich
The cliche is that history rarely repeats herself. Usually she just