Posted to alt.home.repair
Art

Default warranties

We bought one of hose pans and were planning on installing a drain pipe for
it but no matter what we did it caused vibration and movement of the washer
so we gave up on it. It helps control gravel under the litter box now.

wrote in message
oups.com...
rubber does harden with time, but the internal hoses are under little
pressure. all washers that arent in a basement should be in a pan
drained to a safe place like the basement. homes nationwide get big
damage due tp penny pinching this necessary item.

it should be excluded by insurance, no pan and emergency electric shut
off valve equals no inbsurance coverage PERIOD!

Or the homeowner has NO COVERAGE for such a disaster