Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jim Yanik

Default Tektronix TDS340, hard to turn on?

"janek77" wrote in
:

I'm almost certain it's not a switch, to me it definitely looks like
ps is trying to start , but it shuts down almost immediately on
overcurrent of some sort.
For now its merely annoing, if it gets any worse I'll try the caps.
Thanks.

It could just be a single electrolytic,perhaps the housekeeping cap that
supplies the switching control IC.I've seen PS's do just like you described
and it was that one cap with a high ESR.

"Charles Schuler" wrote in message

Would it be too obvious if it might be an intermittant power switch.

I'd certainly check into that before replacing capacitors.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik