Posted to rec.woodworking
Wood Butcher

Default using tools on mobile bases

The unisaw and bandsaw are on Delta bases which I bought
at the same time I purchased those machines. Both are
just as stable as with no mobile base.

The other machines are on the Rockler 92051 base. Normally
$49.99, it frequently is on sale for $39.99. (I have no connection
to Rockler & blah, blah, blah)
It's easy to size the base to whatever machine you have. I
have even seen oversize bases made for notoriously top
heavy things like drill presses. Size it right and this base is
also just as stable as with no base.

Art

"marc rosen" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hey Group,
In upgrading my shop tools I purchased mobile bases for them too. For
those of you that have or had large tools on mobile bases, where you
happy with the way they worked or did you feel they were more stabile
off the base? I know the base is locked stationary when the tool is
used.
Has anybody done away with the base and prefer a more permanent
setting?
Thanks in advance for your comments.
Marc