Posted to rec.woodworking
DSNail

Default General International Contractor Table Saw Issue

I've never had much luck keeping my 185 aligned once you start
beveling, etc. I am on my second saw. I complained to GI about the
first and they offered to send me an arbor bracket. Instead, I took
it to my dealer and they gave me a whole new saw. Second one has the
same problem.

klaatu wrote:
On 17 Feb 2006 12:34:39 -0800, "m9er" wrote:

Recently purchased a G.I. builders saw ran into some problems and have
published some info for all concerned. Seems like a great saw, but it's
not perfect.

http://home.wavecable.com/~m9er

Check out that arbor bracket! On my GI if the sawblade is made
parallel to the miter slot at full height,
the blade then moves toward the right and goes out of square as well
when lowered. It is then no longer parallel to the miter slot.
On a 10" saw blade, this translates to .040"(1MM). Since the blade is
also closer to the fence at the rear, burning takes place and can
cause kickback as well. You can check this with a scale if it is out
enough.