Posted to alt.math,sci.math,sci.electronics.design,rec.crafts.metalworking
DoN. Nichols

Default Omndiagonal Serialization and Monitor Design

According to DoN. Nichols :
According to Lew Hartswick :
DoN. Nichols wrote:

Typical deflection coils have a serious problem with fast vector
graphics, but there are (or were) custom one, made by Celco (Mahwah
N.J.) explicitly for such purposes, with rather elaborate mounting for
special CRTs, giving very fine adjustment capability for all elements of
yoke position.

I just checked -- they are still in business, and you can start
checking he

http://www.celco.com/ElectronOptics/

In particular, you may want to start he

http://www.celco.com/ElectronOptics/HighSpeedRaster.asp

and note the ones which are specifically listed as "fast settling" and
"low inductance".

Enjoy,
DoN.

Boy does that bring back memories. I used Celco yokes on many a job
in a previous "incarnation" :-) at a R&D place in PA. I did a lot
of CRT circuit design for various IR systems. Even made a trip to
Celco to coordinate a special design once. Great people to work
with, at least back in dim dark ages of 1960s.
Thanks for the reminder.
...lew...

It looks as though I lost the body of my response. Let's see
whether I can recover it.

Nope -- time to recreate it!

I asked whether your place had dealt with the U.S. Army "Night
Vision Labs". That was where I first encountered IR imagers. The first
was a single detector scanned across the subject while a modulated light
beam wrote the image onto a 4x5 Polaroid film sheet. That one was made
by Barnes, IIRC.

Of course, later there were a lot of other (much faster)
technologies used.

Enjoy,
DoN.
--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564