Posted to alt.home.repair
nlbauers

Default Laptop Motherboard

wrote:
I took a knife to my laptop and cut several circuits on my laptop's
motherboard for reasons which will not be stated. I now want to fix it
up, but I don't know where to start. What materials do I need, and how
would I go about fixing these circuits. I know exactly where I made my
cuts, and I was thinking I could take some copper wire or something and
lay it down, maybe solder it on? But, I don't know if this is the best
way. Thank you for your time and interest.

Depending on the traces that you cut (primarily the speed of signals
sent along those traces) you may not be able to repair them. By adding
additional length/resistance/capacitance to the trace, the repair could
change the way signal travels on the trace. In principle, data
travelling at very high speeds on the repaired traces could be
unreliable. You can go ahead and try if you like, but even if you
repair them correctly, there is no guarantee that the motherboard will
work correctly. Hopefully the traces you cut were low speed or power
traces.