Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to hold those tiny nails

Of all the years I have built things, including whole buildings, I
have never found a good way to use those tiny 1/2 inch long nails.
I decided to get ambitious and put some weather stripping around my
door today and they have these half inch nails. I have big fingers.
They are a pain in the ass to try to hold and then pound in. I
suppose I could beat my fingers bloody, and I know that a needle nose
plyers holds them even thought they are often at an angle and that is
not the ideal solution. Does someone sell a special tool for this?
Or is there a trick no one ever taught me?

I'll take a 6 inch pole barn spike any day over these stupid little
things.

Mark