Posted to alt.home.repair
Walter R.

Default When to replace a car battery

Hi Jack

If you replace your battery when it gives you trouble, it is too late
already. You are courting with real inconvenience and expense.

--
Walter
www.rationality.net
"Jack" wrote in message
oups.com...
Maybe I am getting old.. but I just replace the batterty at first sign
of trouble.. it just isn't worth the suckiness of having it die on you.

My recomendation is picking one up at Costco (or I assume Sams Club has
them as well) they are $45 bucks or so. I have personally been very
pleased with Costco ones.. and have probably put 5 or 6 in a variety of
different cars over the last 8 years or so..

at the risk of getting kicked out of the "manly-man club".. I don't do
any maintenance on them.. they are all sealed these days.. I guess if
it looks overly dirty I would wipe it off.. but I have never seen that
become a problem..