Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher

Default OT Mad old woman syndrome and bird flu

"Geo" wrote in message
On Fri, 17 Feb 2006 09:35:48 -0000, "Mary Fisher"

wrote:

We haven't a cat but it sometimes seems that everyone else does, there's
always one cat or another sitting on the fence round our garden, they've
been a menace to nesting birds. But they don't have an effect on the
feeding
birds, which fly off when disturbed and return.

"Our" birds don't have much to fear from the unsubtle approach of a
neighbour's
cat:-

Nor do ours, there aren't enough cats to patrol all the feeding stations and
the hens chase them off anyway.

Most cats are wimps, compared with hens. Perhaps they've been listening to
the news and are frit of avian influenza.

Mary