Posted to misc.consumers.house
JerryL

Default Question About Homeowners Insurance

"v" wrote in message
On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 17:23:12 -0500, someone wrote:

Citizen paid out too much money last year so Jeb Bush, in his mercy for
the
wealthy has authorized all the insurance companies to add a 10 percent
surcharge to help Citizen out of their financial woes... Yeah, right.
These
insurance companies priced me right out of Florida a

Hmm, about to become a political thread, I see.

If a Democrat was Governor, the would not have been hurricanes, or
they would have done less damage?

If a Democrat was Governor, Citizens would have been able to fix the
damage for free?

If a Democrat was Governor, the Tooth Fairy would have come up with
the extra money so that nobody would have been charged anything?

Who do you WANT to pay to protect YOUR property?

I and my insurance company pay for my property damage. If MY insurance
company is losing money and wants to surcharge it's own customers to make up
the excess they paid out, that's one thing. But when another insurance
company that I am not affiliated with has a loss, why should I have to pay a
surcharge? Secondly, most of the insured in Citizens are people that other
insurance companies don't want. Why? Houses on the ocean. Why should I help
bail out a company that is insuring multi-million dollar homes on the beach?
Let them raise the home-owners rates that are their customers. Political?
Damn right.