Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim Wescott

Default Bridgeport in the movie _The Thing About My Parents_

Rex B wrote:

Richard J Kinch wrote:

Saw the movie, _The Thing About My Parents_ tonight. About 30 minutes
into the picture Paul Reiser and Peter Falk wind up stranded at a car
repair shop in the country with an eccentric mechanic, and there
prominently in the foreground of several shots is a nicely restored
Bridgeport M head. I guess the director thought it would evoke a
working auto shop atmosphere.

A BP in an auto repair shop is a rare thing, at least in Texas.
Even a small lathe is almost unheard of.

But perhaps something you'd find in the shop of a mechanic who's
eccentric and very competent.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services