Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DT

Default Installed vacuum gauge on the vac pump (Don)

Sounds great Roy, thanks. I do not care if that evacuation lasts
slightly longer. I will definitely install an exhaust filter to
prevent stinky oil mist from coming out.

If your salvaged oil mist eliminator comes apart, check to see how it looks inside.
Some use cartridges that can be replaced, but they are pricey. The one on my Kinney
had come apart from years of being oily. It contains activated charcoal. I rebuilt
it with readily available charcoal from aquarium supplies for only a buck or two.
Works great!

Dennis