Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rex B

Default Bridgeport in the movie _The Thing About My Parents_

Richard J Kinch wrote:
Saw the movie, _The Thing About My Parents_ tonight. About 30 minutes into
the picture Paul Reiser and Peter Falk wind up stranded at a car repair
shop in the country with an eccentric mechanic, and there prominently in
the foreground of several shots is a nicely restored Bridgeport M head. I
guess the director thought it would evoke a working auto shop atmosphere.

A BP in an auto repair shop is a rare thing, at least in Texas.
Even a small lathe is almost unheard of.