Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Dremel (rotary tool) for righthanders?

On Fri, 17 Feb 2006 06:25:15 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, "Max
Mahanke" quickly quoth:

"Jeff Wisnia" wrote in message
newsbidneo9pIByjWjenZ2dnUVZ_tSdnZ2d@conversent. net...
John Doe wrote:

Is there some reason why a rotary tool spins so that dust/shavings
are sprayed back towards a right-handed user?

Or maybe I'm using it wrong? Seems that either I need to use the
cutting tool with my left hand or to put the project on the right
side of my right hand.

Thank you.

Hey, John, try operating a circular saw left-handed. (Wear a mask and
goggles, though.)

Maybe because 90% of humans are right handed (dexterous) and most of the
remainder are left handed (sinister).

Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.

Left On, Brother! But I read an article last year that indicates our
gifted breed making up nearly 1/3 of the population nowadays. All
other stats have been shown as 10%. I wish I'd bookmarked it.

Somewhere there's probably a reason why drills and threads are mainly
right handed, my WAG is that came about because it's usually easier to
apply a clockwise twisting force with your right hand than it is to
apply a counterclockwise one (at least for me it is.) *

The SWAG is with you, Jeff.

Just curious: has anyone else here developed the dexterity of their
feet? I constantly amaze friends by nonchalantly doing something with
my feet. It's as if they never thought of using their toes as fingers
and thumbs.

-
- Let Exxon send their own troops -
http://diversify.com Comprehensive Website Programming