Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grunff

Default Replacing electric oven thermostat-is it easy?

wrote:

I have a Homark oven and the thermostat has gone. I can get hold of the
part but was wondering if the actually replacement would be an easy
job?

Advice much appreciated.

It's difficult to answer your question, because it depends what tasks
you consider easy/difficult. For instance, I would consider engine
replacement in a car a fairly easy job, some wouldn't.

Ovens on the whole come apart quite easily, so replacing the thermostat
would involve removing the oven (if it's built-in), removing the front
panel (a few screws), locating the thermostat and replacing it. Does
that sound easy?

--
Grunff