Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

Default OT Handyman Advertising

In article ,
The Medway Handyman wrote:
Thompson & Yellow Pages - want loads of dosh & you always appear
alongside your competitors. Only catches people who already realise
that handymen exist and are looking for one. Thompson don't have a
'Handyman' category anyway, only 'Property Maintenance'. I'm not sure
the public would think of looking there.

Leaflet drops. Expensive to arrange for individual leaflets.

I get so many they go straight in the bin unread.

Much cheaper as an insert with the local free paper, but less effective.

Dunno.

Local paper advertising. Not yet finalised the costs.

That would be one avenue. The sort of person who buys a local paper might
be just the sort of customer you want and will pass you on, as it were.

Leaflets under windscreen wipers in shed carparks.

Again I tend to bin these unread - and get annoyed by them.

Foamboard posters on traffic light posts.

Does anyone read these?

Parish magazines.

I'd try that too.

So, where would you look for a handyman if you needed one? What would
influence you?

I'd ask neighbours, or look around at who's having small works done and
ask them if the tradesmen have been ok.

--
*Okay, who stopped the payment on my reality check? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.