Posted to aus.electronics,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.equipment,alt.home.repair
Steve Butler

Default Z0103 Triac & VIPer20A SMPS I.C.

no dont know why,
in the process of sorting that out but these parts are around $2 to $10
dollars
and i will be willing to take a chance, also looking at replacing relay
just in case of bad contacts
found Z0103 from Farnell ?? its the SMPS IC thats proving a problem

thanks

"Tony Hwang" wrote in message
Steve Butler wrote:

Just about tearing my hair out here ,
Can anyone supply me a couple of these ,have rang,rang,rang
and they wont let me have 1 or 2 have to buy 100 or 2000

1. only VIPer20A SMPS I.C. made by STMicro
2. only Z0103 Triacs made by Philips

For a whirlpool washing machine timer ($258 for a new one) which of
course cant be repaired
Yeah Right .........if only i could get parts

I am in Perth preferably supplier here but dont care if they come from
the North Pole

thanks

Steve

Hi,
Do you know why they went? Otherwise they'll go again when replaced.
Cross referenced to something like NTE? Triac is not a big deal that
chip might be.