Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang

Default Laptop Motherboard

wrote:

Not looking for a replacement, as I already bought a new laptop. My
knowledge of electronics is all software side, I have never worked with
hardware like this before. I am serious about fixing it however. I
have taken most of the case off, a little is left, but I believe with a
few more screws it will come off quite nicely.

The link to my laptops model is:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/p...odu ct=442915

Hi,
I don't know specifics of damages suffered. If it's on mobo itself I
never saw/heard anyone repairing them. I know components,ribbon type
flex cables can be replaced but if knife caused a deep scratch across
mobo and cause damage to etch runs, I don't think it is possible to
reconnect them. I can do SMT work, am mil-spec soldering certified in
my working days. But I don't know how to reconnect that hair line size
etch runs. Mobo is multi-layer as well. Not just double side.
How about a few pictures to show the damage.