Posted to rec.woodworking
John B

Default 110v - 240v Yankee tolls in Oz

G'day all,
My Delta scroll saw is falling apart after about 5 years of moderate
work. I have jerry rigged bits and pieces but it is time for a New one
I'm afraid.
The catch- Delta won't ship parts over seas and B&D Oz, don't have any
yet and will not have in the foreseeable ffuture.
Now if you think rocking horse **** is scarce, try finding a reasonable
scroll saw in Oz.
After reading posts on this news group and googling my finger of I have
come to conclusion that the 20" Dewalt is one of the best value for
money saws there is, but Not in Oz. Nobody here stocks them and B&D say
they have no intention of importing them.

So, now to the nitty gritty:-
Does anyone in Oz or NZ have a US machine that runs on a 110V to 240V
inverter ??
If so are there any problems ??
Is there a method which allows the voltage of the motor to be changed
from 110v to 240v ?? (I have noticed on some appliances there is a
switch with both voltages marked)
Lastly if I was to purchase a machine from the US is there any companies
which I should stay away from???

Thanks for taking the time to read this post

If you reply, thanks heaps for your assistance

Kind regards
John