Posted to alt.home.repair
Art

Default warranties

"3rd eye" wrote in message
On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 22:55:45 GMT, "Art"
wrote:

My Maytag dishwasher and front loader washing machine, and my Asko
dishwasher all broke after the warranty was over but before an extended
warranty from Lowes would have ended had I bought one. On expensive
appliances like a $1600 refrigerator, and a $1200 dishwasher, if some one
will sell me an additional 4 years coverage for $99 I'll take it
considering
that typical repairs these days are around $300.

I'm sure you've got some beautiful appliances in your home.
If you feel the need to spend $1200 on a dishwasher, $1500-$2000 on a
washer dryer, by all means get the extended warranty.

For me, I've got a maytag washer that I'd guess to be about 40 years
old. Bought it used about 25 years ago. $25.00.
It's noisy, not pretty, & doesn't have bells & whistles but does a
fine job of washing my clothes.

The little woman wanted it gone but I prevailed.
May well be the best value I've ever gotten out of a buck.

I didn't get an extended warranty on it though.

I had one of those famous never break Maytag washers. I sold it afew years
after buying it new. I didn't think it cleaned clothes worth a darn. The
rinse cycle was so short I couldn't see how it could possibly get the soap
out. I used to run it thru an additional rinse every time I used it until I
happily got rid of it. Lasting forever is not the only thing to look for in
an appliance.