Posted to alt.home.repair
autonut843

Default Cinder Block Wall Repair

Me again from earthquake prone northern california.
What I notice the developers putting up all over the place here are the
precast concrete wall. Every (6 to 30 feet or so, depending on the
terrain) They drilll a hole in the dirt, put a footing with about a 2
1/2 inch square I beam sticking up about 2 feet. A crane puts a
precast column on it, then a crane puts a precast panel on either side
of it, then another column is put on the other end of the panel. It
seems to be a lot more robust than the cheezy precast walls they put up
about 10-20 years ago that were made out of man-handleable size pieces
of concrete. Those seemed to break all the time.