Posted to sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet

Default Low Power FM Transmitter?

Ralph D. wrote:
Thanks. I have not done any PCB soldering since High School Electronics
Class some 32 years ago... but likely still have the stuff I need in my
Dad's workshop. Can't say I'd be comfortable doing it now, though, even with
having built many computers it's not the same skillset.

Built ones seem to be going for 50 to 100 beans US over kit price, which
seems a little pricey for what I want to do (get a signal from here to the
barn and such). I've not done anything with HAM or other radio in the same
span, but maybe I need to get the greymatter flowing on who some of the 1st
and 2nd class guys were in the area and see if they have any leads on one
with a locked frequency used.

I have a Ramsey FM-25B which works very well, though it's a bit pricey.
I built it from a kit but it was not difficult, they may offer an
assembled one too.