Posted to sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet

Default Motor Wiring Help Please!

P Boy wrote:
Thanks James for lots of useful info.

I further inspected the board and found out that Q5, R34, and R35 are
blown. I didn't notice these before. They may have been fried after I
installed the fuse. For Q5, I am planning to find one from radio shack.
But, I need the resistance values on R34 and R35. Would you by any
chance have this numbers?

Thanks,
PB

You probably won't find Q5 at Radio Shack, it's a high voltage N-channel
power MOSFET, digikey sells the P16NK60Z which will work though. Make
sure you test the rest, often they will short without visibly blowing
up. On mine one of the big diodes was also shorted, as were a few
smaller ones and most of the IR2101 IC's were shorted.

R34 and R35 are 75 ohm. Make sure you check IC8 because it's a custom
chip, if that chip is bad then replacing any other parts is a waste of
time because you can't get a new IC8. If that does appear to be OK then
you'll have to at minimum have a multimeter to test for shorted diodes
and transistors, if you miss one shorted part it could very well blow up
all the new parts you installed in the blink of an eye. It's just the
way it is with power electronics.