Posted to rec.woodworking
Phisherman

Default Compound miter saws?

On 16 Feb 2006 13:01:26 -0800, "PghWoodWorker"
wrote:

I am considering whether or not to get a Chicago Electric Power Tools
12" Sliding compound miter saw, as it is going for only $179. The
dewalt (which is the brand most of my power tools are) equivilent is
about $600.

Should I go for the Chicago or get a cheaper 10" non sliding from
dewalt?

Does anyone have any experience with the Chicago miter saws?

I have the DeWalt 12" chop saw and it has served me exceedingly well.
This saw has a high back fence which really comes in handy for
installing crown moldings. I do not recommend Chicago power tools.