Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking
Ken Sterling

Default OT: Dremel (rotary tool) for righthanders?

Jeff Wisnia wrote:

* So how come screw top containers don't use left hand threads? It's
usually harder to open them than to close them, and I'm pretty sure
being right handed that I could twist 'em clockwise harder than
counterclockwise. The only left handed opening threaded cap I've
encountered is the one on the storage can for my Curta Calculator, and
I'm pretty sure that was done deliberately to prevent inadvertently
turning the crank clockwise when closing it. [Or maybe some diemaker in
Lichenstein screwed up and they didn't realize it until they'd made
10,000 cans. ]

I can grip something harder palm down then palm up:

1. Grab lid w/right hand palm down
2. Grab jar base w/left hand palm up. (easier grab,
since there's more to grab.
3. Hold it about a foot from the chest
4. Grip and draw it into your chest. *pop*

That keeps the wrist stiff.

er
--
email not valid

1. Smash glass container with hammer.
2. Pick out all pieces of glass, small and large.
3. Scoop remainder of contents into plastic bowl.
4. Throw glass scraps and lid into trash.
Ken.