Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Dingley

Default OT Mad old woman syndrome and bird flu

On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 13:51:04 GMT, dave wrote:

insists of putting out vast amount of bird
seed (continuous feeders), 1/2 coconuts, seed-ball (several of those). Thanks to
this over-plentiful supply we actually have FLOCKS of sparrows in our and
neighbouring hedges, and dozens of pigeons who feed on the seed the sparrows
throw out of the feeders.

Can you improve the feeders? The sort with a saucer beneath will catch
much of the spillage, avoiding the pigeon feeding problem.

I gave one of my neighbours a couple of hanging feeders. She still gets
to feed birds, but they're pigeon proof. Much better than the old
"breadcrumbs on the ground" approach.

And get a cat.