Posted to alt.home.repair
bill

Default Sears snowblower with 11 horse Tecumseh engine (Stalling out)

I want to thank Tom and Dave

I drained the tank, dropped the carb bowl and removed the needle valve.
Gave it a good blast of air (popped the gas tank lid right off) (Scared
myself (O: ) re assembled everything and pored a bout a half pint
into the tank and she ran perfectly. So I'd say the problem is solved.
I think the only thing I did wrong was not having disconnected the fuel
line at the tank because that way I would have expelled whatever it was
right out the end of the line. As it is I would bet money that I have a
glob of something in the tank waiting to go back down the line.

Another day perhaps!!

Thanks again case closed.