Posted to alt.home.repair
Art

Default warranties

Lowes sells its extended warranties cheap. Typically $99 for 4 addtitional
years of coverage so I've been buying my appliances there lately. Most
stores want $250 or more for same coverage.

"stevie" wrote in message ...
It seems that most major manufacturers are reducing warranty coverage on
new
major appliances (refrigerators, ranges, washer/dryers, etc.). This
includes GE, Whirlpool, Maytag, and many others.

Not sure what previous warranties were, but I believe compressors were at
least warranted for 5 years. It is apparently 1 year for the entire
appliance now.

Evidently, higher priced appliances will not change warranty coverage.

I don't know if Kenmore (Sears) will change warranty terms on their
appliances.

It looks like a really good way to sell extended warranty contracts.